"A monstrosity with the heads of a lion, snake, and goat. He came to the forest after descending from the North, where he wreaks havoc. His arrival may have triggered the uprising of other monsters.
They say someone turned once regular creatures into his monster.
Get too close and you'll incur the goat's magic. Only the lion's rush offers an opening, and an attack may be enough to knock it off its balance.
Many species of Chimera exist, so you may run into more than just one."
—Book of Prophecy
- Weakness: Hammer
- Resist: Bomb, Projectile
- Pages: 215-216
- Original Title: Disastrous Chimera
- Original Codes: Fire x1, Lightning x1, Snake x1, Shadow x1, Fate x2
- Mental Map Upgrade Gains: None/2nd upgrade/4x4
Extra Info - Location:
- Eastern Big Tree
- Mutated Chimera (Boss Battle)
- Scan: HP increaser (metalize tablet)
- Main Goal: Beat Mutated Chimera
- Adtl Goal: Don't get hit
- Adtl Goal: Don't die
- Boss HP: 2000/no codes
- Medal: Only if you practiced hard
- Time: 10:00
- Times Damage Bonus: 1000
- Item for Gold Score: You live, in fame
- Scan: HP/MP increaser (gold metalize tablet)
- Exits: Deep Forest 5/left, Beast's Lair/up
Related Quiz Question:
- Q: Chimera has three head, what is its middle head?
- A: Lion
Strategy / Tips:
Swords will deal less damage here. Using IRON / SLVR Hammers then using your Hammer Special Move while near him will deal multiple hits (200+ / hit). Be careful not to get too close or, as the description says, you'll get hit by the goat's magic, although this is easy to avoid.
Also be careful not to get pounced or pinned, as this takes 2 leaves off your HP. Continuously hammering him will always knock him, giving you the chance to attack him until he can't stand up.